Is Your Home Baby & Puppy Proofed for Your Holiday Party in Lynn, MA?
It’s that time of year when holiday cheer encourages us to invite family and friends into our North Shore homes to celebrate. Make sure your home is prepared for curious little fingers and paws who are looking at your home from “the bottom floor”.
Take a moment and look around your home for any of these dangers:
- Make sure your water heater is set to a safe temperature for small visitors. 120 degrees is the recommended temperature for households, according to the CDC (center for disease control).
- Many of us have our bathroom and kitchen already childproofed with safety latches. But for those that haven’t needed to, take a look at what may be accessible to small children and their furry friends. Anything that could be harmful to them, move to higher ground.
- We’re sure that if you have an outdoor pool, you’ve taken all the safety precautions to prevent accidental drowning. But according to the CPSC (U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission), toilets should also be given extra attention to prevent toddlers from falliing in headfirst and drowning.
- This time of year holiday plants add festive color to our homes. However, did you know that Poinsettia and mistletoe are poisonous to both dogs and cats. Be sure to move them out of reach to avoid a family tragedy.
- Now that you have that Christmas tree decorated perfectly take another look and see what babies or puppies could reach from the ground. Breakable ornaments and strings of lights could be within their grasp … and don’t forget to move those edible treats of popcorn strings and candy canes.
Make sure your home is safe for “little” guests and the “big” guests will be able to enjoy their evening even more!
Waldman Plumbing & Heating has been serving Lynn, MA for over 20 years! If you should need plumbing services in the North Shore area, check out our money saving coupons and then give us a call!