Accessible Bathroom Remodeling in Reading & the North Shore
For aging adults and many others, bathrooms can become difficult to navigate. Slips and falls occur in the shower. Getting onto and off of the toilet becomes challenging. Entering and exiting the tub becomes a dangerous endeavor. Many senior citizens don’t like to admit it, but bathrooms become a source of anxiety. At Waldman Plumbing, we aim to create accessible bathrooms designed around individual needs. If you or someone you know is having difficultly using the current bathroom plumbing fixtures, consider these ideas for making bathrooms safer for the elderly.
Reading & North Shore Accessible Bathroom Remodeling Ideas
- Handheld Showerheads – Many people enjoy using a handheld shower, but for people with mobility issues they can be a great help. Whether showering alone or with assistance, elderly people are able to clean all of their body with less moving around needed.
- Walk-in Bathtubs & Showers – Rather than having to step over a high wall to enter the shower or tub, you can walk right in.
- Bathroom Grab Bars – The elderly can steady themselves on these bars, making it easier to get on/off the toilet and in/out of the shower or tub.
- Handicap Toilets – An elevated toilet will be easier to get on and off for someone who has trouble bending down low. You’d be surprised by the difference just a couple of inches can make.
- Shower Seats – These seats make it easier to shower because you don’t need to stand for a long period of time and you reduce the risk of slipping and falling.
These are just some of the many bathroom modifications that you can make to improve the safety of a bathroom. Don’t wait for someone to be injured; get the bathroom remodeling you need today. For expert plumbing service in Reading, the North Shore, or the surrounding areas, call Waldman Plumbing today!