Heating Maintenance Tips for Staying Warm All Winter Long
As this long, cold winter marches on, you want to make sure that you and your family stays nice and warm. It is important to get a professional technician to complete some heating maintenance so that you know your system is working efficiently. At Waldman Plumbing, we want to help you stay warm and cut down on costs.
Heater Maintenance Tips
Every year it is important that you keep your heating unit in top shape to ensure that it is working properly and efficiently. An efficient heating system will keep your home toasty during the winter without expending unnecessary energy. Follow these heating maintenance tips to keep your furnace running in top form:
- Vacuum and clean the interior of the furnace of any dust or debris.
- Replace the air filter once a month during winter if necessary.
- Check the fanbelt and replace it if there are any signs of damage such as cracking or fraying.
- Make sure the oil bearings are well-lubricated.
- Have a technician inspect your heater and perform maintenance annually.
Before you perform any of these tasks, always make sure that you turn off the gas and electricity that runs to the furnace to ensure your safety.
At Waldman Plumbing, our professional technicians are here to help you with any of your heating maintenance or repair needs. Make sure your Lynnfield heaters are working properly this winter by calling us at (781) 780-3184.