Repairing a Leaky Faucet in Your Bathroom
A leaky bathroom faucet is more than a minor annoyance; it can waste tens of gallons of water each day, leading to high water and sewer bills. A basic bathroom faucet fix only requires a few basic tools and less than an hour of your time. However, a more complicated leak is best left to our professionals at Waldman Plumbing and Heating. Our professionals explain how to repair a simple leaking faucet in your bathroom and how to know when it is best to call for plumbing repair in Lynnfield.
1. Locate the water shutoff valve for the sink and turn off the water supply.
2. If your faucet head has a decorative cap, cover a flat head screwdriver with a microfiber cloth and pry off the cap.
3. Use the screwdriver to unscrew the handle’s nut.
4. Remove the screw that holds on the washer.
5. Inspect the washer. If it is worn out, replace it.
6. Use mild dish detergent to clean the rod, cavity and handle.
7. Check the rod for signs of damage and replace it if it’s worn. Reinsert the new rod.
8. Reattach the screw that holds the washer in place.
9. Reinsert the stem and screw it into place.
10. Reattach the faucet handle and replace the plastic cap.
If your faucet is still leaky, the problem may be more complicated than a worn out washer or rod. You may need a new faucet or even a water pipe replacement. At Waldman Plumbing and Heating, our professional plumbers will assess the situation and provide you with a detailed report of our findings and an estimate for repair.
At Waldman Plumbing and Heating, no plumbing problem is too big or too small for our team of professional plumbers. Whether you need someone to perform leak detection or to do a complete bathroom repiping job, our team of dedicated professionals can do it all. Call us at Waldman Plumbing and Heating day or night at (781) 780-3184 and 978-666-4356 to schedule your bathroom faucet or any other type of plumbing repair or service.