5 Spooky Truths about Unfiltered and Bottled Water in Marblehead, MA
Fear is fun when it comes to Halloween, however having fears about water quality is anything but entertaining. The water quality of unfiltered and bottled water is a far cry from that provided by whole house water filters, and you may even be surprised to find out exactly how poor the water quality of unfiltered and bottled water is.
At Waldman Plumbing and Heating, the safety and satisfaction of our customers has always been a top priority. And when it comes to feeling safe and satisfied about water quality, there’s no substitute for Marblehead, MA whole house water filtration! Our whole house water filters are safest, most reliable, and most environmentally friendly way to guarantee the purity of the water you drink!
Here are five spooky truths about unfiltered and bottled water in Marblehead, MA and beyond.
- Bottled tap water? Just because water is bottled, doesn’t mean it came from a babbling mountain brook or spring. In fact, a number of popular bottled water brands are nothing more than bottled tap water priced much, much higher.
- Tap water can be highly acidic The proper pH level is an important part of water quality, and maintain this delicate balance is key for safe, great tasting water. Not only can tap water contain a variety of potentially harmful contaminants, but it can also be highly acidic due to the powerful disinfectants used to treat it.
- Environmentally unfriendly Bottled water takes enormous tolls on the environment in terms of litter and the use of petroleum. Although countless bottles of water are consumed each year, only a small percentage of those consumed are recycled. In addition, the manufacturing process requires a great deal of petroleum.
- Bottled health risks Not only is the plastic used to bottle water harmful for the environment, but it can also pose several potential health risks due to the phthalates it contains. Phthalates have been linked to hormone disruption and damage to reproductive systems.
- Contaminants of emerging concern According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), traces of pharmaceutical compounds and personal care products are contaminants of emerging concern (CECs) that are having a negative impact on tap water quality and aquatic life. Disposing of these items properly goes a long way in terms of improving tap water quality and protecting waterways.
A whole house water filter from Waldman Plumbing and Heating provides a long term solution to any concerns about water quality you may have. For Marblehead, MA water filtration, trust the experts at Waldman Plumbing and Heating!