Top 5 Reasons to Choose a Tankless Water Heater
When it comes to getting a new water heater, more people than ever before are looking to tankless models. There are multiple reasons why, including:
- Better supply of hot water. There’s no running out of hot water and fighting to take the first shower when you have a tankless heater. Instead of storing up hot water to release in a cycle, tankless heaters simply warm up water as it is drawn through the system.
- Lower bills over time. While tankless heaters cost more upfront, they use less energy than traditional designs. This saves on your monthly energy expenses.
- Better for the environment. The tankless heater needs less energy and fewer (or at least smaller) replacement parts in order to get the job done.
- Smaller unit size. Traditional water heaters need a bulky cylindrical tank in order to function, but tankless designs rely on pipes and burners. Not only is this a more efficient use of soace, it’s also more quiet on average.
- Longer lasting. The average traditional tank-based heaters last between 8-12 years, while even the more affordable tankless models are projected to last around 20! Repairs, while usually more expensive for tankless units, are also less frequent.
Note that installing a tankless heater does not necessarily mean you’ll have instant water when you turn the tap. For that, you can use a recirculating pump. But tankless models do offer the luxury of not running low on that hot water in the first place.
If you’re considering a water heater upgrade but don’t know where to start, then call Waldman Plumbing! Dial 781.780.3184 to get in touch with our pro plumbers and benefit from our deals and warranties.