Why You Should Switch to Natural Gas
When it comes to heating a home and powering major appliances, gas is an energy source that is hard to beat due to its many advantages over oil. Homeowners currently using oil may want to consider oil-to-gas conversions as soon as the system needs replacement. The following facts will show you exactly why you should make the switch to gas for your home’s mechanical equipment.
- Gas is a versatile energy source. It can be used to power furnaces, hot water tanks, clothes dryers, ovens, swimming pools, and many other systems within your home. Oil, on the other hand, cannot be used to power such appliances and is generally only good for heating air and water.
- The maintenance costs associated with gas are lower than that of oil.
- Gas-powered furnaces and water tanks are considerably less expensive to purchase and maintain compared to oil powered systems. These systems also have a longer life expectancy, reducing replacement costs and upkeep as well.
- Gas is produced within the United States and its use for power reduces dependence on foreign oil. It also provides many American jobs, which helps boost our economy.
- Gas is more environmentally friendly than oil. It burns cleaner and does not have to be transported as far to get to the location where it is used. An oil leak is a serious environmental event that can contaminate the surrounding area for many years.
- Using gas within the home means better indoor air quality. It burns clean, with no soot, particulates, or odors when the system operates properly.
- Gas is more economical than oil. Many homeowners see their utility bills decrease by 30% or more each month after they convert to gas.
At Waldman Plumbing and Heating, our fully licensed Boxford plumbers are certified to perform natural gas installations. Our team of plumbing experts works with unparalleled accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness to ensure the safety and well-being of your home and family.
For more information about converting oil systems to natural gas, call us today at (781) 780-3184.