Top 5 Ways to Use Natural Gas in Your Marblehead, MA Home Other Than Heating
When most people think of oil to gas conversion, heating their homes is the first thing that comes to mind. And while efficiently heating a home is one of the greatest benefits of oil to gas conversion, having a natural gas furnace also provides a number of other advantages, many of which can be enjoyed year round.
At Waldman Plumbing and Heating, we understand how much of an asset it is to have a natural gas furnace here in the Northeast. We want our customers to get the most out of oil to gas conversion in Marblehead, MA by experiencing the versatility of natural gas. Not only is it a more cost effective and environmentally sustainable fuel than oil, but it’s also more flexible in how it can be used.
Here are five additional benefits to having a natural gas furnace in Marblehead, MA.
- Dry clothes Did you know that gas clothes dryers are up to 50% more efficient than electric models? You can dry two loads of laundry in a gas dryer for the same price of a single load in an electric one! Gas dryers also dry laundry faster, which is perfect for busy households.
- Heat water Gas water heaters are more economical and efficient compared to electric models. And with the price of natural gas being less than electricity, it’s easy to see how much you stand to save on your home energy bill when it comes to hot water use. Gas water heaters also heat water faster than their electric counterparts!
- Indoor fireplace Everyone loves relaxing in front of a fire, but wood fireplaces can be a real hassle. Between collecting firewood, sparks, and cleaning ashes, there’s a lot of work involved. On the other hand, natural gas fireplaces are an efficient and hassle free alternative. Not only do you have more control over the flame, but there’s no mess!
- Air conditioner Although natural gas is traditionally used to heat homes, gas-powered air conditioning systems are also available. While they might be more expensive upfront, they’re operating costs are typically lower than electric AC units and their energy savings quickly make up for the investment. With a gas AC unit, your house can stay cool in the event of an electrical power outage!
- Cook meals Many home and professional chefs prefer to use gas stoves compared to electric ones since they provide better temperature control. In addition to greater control, gas stoves are also more energy efficient than electric models. And since many new models of gas stoves use electric ignition instead of having a pilot light, they’re even more energy efficient!
When it comes to heating and powering your home, natural gas is the natural choice! To start experiencing all the benefits of oil to gas conversion in Marblehead, MA, call the experts at Waldman Plumbing and Heating!